I realized I haven’t posted in a while, but it’s been a busy last 3 weeks for us. It feels like we have been traveling non-stop and I’ve taken this week to finally try to get unpacked and get back into a normal routine. Even though I am so ready to start wearing my sweaters and boots, it’s be hard to do with the weather being in the 70s and 80s. I know I am breaking the “no white after labor day rule,” but I really couldn’t resist on such a nice day over by the lake. Kennedy is getting super close to walking and I was so excited when I saw that Salt Water sandals makes shoes for babies too. They are so comfy and I wore them our whole vacation at the beach. (They run a little large so size down/ the sizing is also sort of strange in general, I think I actually ordered a kids size, even though I wear a size 8 in womens). For this post, I’ll do a 10 things since I have alot to say about life lately.
1. Our big 3 weeks of travel started off with a law school friend’s wedding in Cincinnati. We drove there from Chicago and met my parent’s who took Kennedy and the dogs. The wedding was so fun and it was awesome seeing so many of our Ohio friends. After the wedding Russ and I had a super early flight to Philly because we were spending the week at the beach for Russell’s little brother’s wedding. The week was so much fun. We rented a beach home and it was seriously the best getting to spend so much quality time with our families. Dan & Katie’s wedding was gorgeous, I think everything went so perfectly. Since we had the dogs with us, we had to drive from the beach back to Chicago. We were able to break it up in 2 days since my parent’s house is halfway. Kennedy was surprisingly pretty good in the car and slept most of the way, but I think we used like all of our data playing her favorite video “Baby Shark” to keep her entertained when she was awake. This past weekend my cousins were in town and we also went to Michigan for our new nephew’s baptism. I’m sad all of that is over, but I am so excited to do absolutely nothing this weekend.
2. For the wedding, the bridesmaids ordered these beautiful two piece dresses from Revelry.com. I was obsessed with the tulle skirts. Kennedy was the flower girl and I couldn’t decide what kind of dress to get her. After looking on the site, I saw that Revelry sold fabric by the yard. Since they unfortunately didn’t make little girls dresses too, I just bought the fabric and took it to a seamstress here in Chicago. I found The Dress Doctor online and took them the fabric. They made almost an exact replica of my dress for Kennedy, except they did a bubble hem to make it a little poofy. I was so happy with their work on the dress! So if anyone needs a dress maker/seamstress I highly recommend the Dress Doctor (They are located in the Water Tower). I didn’t take a ton of pictures that day because we were so busy, but when we get pics back from the wedding photographer, maybe I’ll post some.
3. I’m kind of freaking out in less than a month I will have a one year old! I cannot believe how fast this year went! Right now we are trying to decide Kennedy’s b-day party theme. Her absolute favorite food are pickles so we are either going to do a “Princess & Pickle” theme or “Baby Shark” because its the only show/song/cartoon she cares about and gets so pumped everytime we play it.
4. It was so fun having the dogs at the beach. Ari was afraid of those big horseshoe crabs that would wash up on shore. He has always been afraid of weird things, but was super freaked out about the horseshoe crabs. Then he got super paranoid and would get cautious and scared of seashells! Why are Boxers the weirdest dogs? haha
5. We started doing Hello Fresh and I love it. I know I am kind of late to the game, but our building had a promotion so we signed up because it was a really good deal and ended up loving everything we’ve made. I go through phases where I love and then sometimes hate cooking. Right now, I am loving using Hello Fresh, probably because I can’t screw up the recipes and they don’t take very long to make.
6. There is a pumpkin patch on Clark Street. I am so excited because I thought we were going to have to drive to the suburbs to get pumpkins this year. The stand they have set up is super cute. I actually hate carving pumpkin, Russ is alot better at it than me (even though I am the creative one in this fam) so he will be doing Kennedy’s this year. lol The main reason I really want a pumpkin is because I LOVE roasting the seeds.
7. Kennedy started giving kisses (well more like open-mouth super sloppy kisses) but it’s the cutest.
8. I am getting crazy excited for Christmas this year. Normally, I am the kind of person who doesn’t want to decorate or listen to Christmas music until AFTER Thanksgiving, but I definitely think I’ll be starting way earlier this year.
9. Russ and I always listen to audiobooks in the car to pass the time. We just listened to Andy Cohen’s ‘Superficial’. It was really entertaining and I love that Russell loves Bravo almost more than I do. 😉
10. Now that we are back in the city and don’t have plans to travel again anytime soon, I’m going to make an effort to post on here more consistently (2-3 times a week).