Her actual birthday was over a week ago now, but I wanted to share some pics and details from Kennedy’s birthday party. I had so much fun planning and decorating.
From the moment we found out I was pregnant with a girl, I couldn’t wait to throw a super pink birthday party. Kennedy’s absolute favorite food are pickles, its pretty funny how obsessed she is with them. So a few months ago, Russell and I joked we should do a pickle theme birthday party, and the more I thought about it, I realized it would be super cute to combine the 2 ideas and have Princess and Pickles birthday!
I’ve seen those big balloon strands all over Pinterest and realized that it’s actually pretty simple to do. Basically you just blow up a ton of balloons in different sizes and then string them together using needle and thread. You put the needle through the balloon knot/end and then they just naturally bunch together nicely. I also decided I wanted a ‘backdrop’ for her highchair/smash cake so I cut a ton a streamers the same length and stapled the tops of them to a thick piece of ribbon. When you hang it up, it makes for a cute streamer wall and it’s so easy to do.
Most of this wouldn’t have been possible without my awesome sister-in-law who flew to Chitown for the weekend to help me and be here to celebrate for Kennedy. We had a few “Pinterest-fails” in the beginning of our decorating on Friday, but I think everything turned out perfect (even if we almost passed-out from blowing up like 100 balloons while drinking rosé the night before the party. lol!) We <3 you aunt Katie!
Birthdays have always been so important in my family while I was growing up and I wanted to do something extra special for Kennedy. We had so much fun celebrating our little princess. Thanks to all our friends who came to the party!
Below are the details and links!
– Inflated Balloons – Doolin’s
– One balloon banner – Target
– Gold Glitter Letter Banner – Zurchers
– Sequin Table Cloth – Amazon
– Ribbon banner on high chair –Target
– O-N-E Sign for High Chair – DIY
– Honeycomb lanterns – Target
– Mini honeycomb garland – Target
– Gold Candle – Target
– Straws – Target
– “1” gold glitter Cake topper – DIY (gold glitter card stock and wooden skewer)
– Food Signs – DIY (pink and gold construction paper)
– Invitation – designed my me
– Pickle confetti – Etsy
– Pickle Onesie – Etsy
– Pickle Squad Shirts – Amazon
– Cake – Alliance Bakery
– Pickle & Crown Cookies – Just4YouTreats
– Pickle and Crown Fondant cupcake toppers – SimplyicedParty
– Cupcakes – recipe here
– White Chocolate pretzels – recipe here
– Dill Pickle chex mix – recipe here
– Dill Pickle Cheese Ball – recipe here
– Bacon wrapped Pickles – recipe here
– Oven fried Pickles – recipe here
– Dill Pickle dip – similar recipe here
– Dessert Tier – Target
– 2 Tier Server – Crate and Barrel